Monday, April 26, 2010

This new adventure...

So you work and plan, and then things don't go as planned. I started this business adventure expecting to sell a few things, make a little money for extras for our family, and eventually get my name out there. Who wouldn't want to make a little money doing something they love?

Rather than let people find me slowly, I decided to work really hard preparing to sell at a booth at our school's Spring Fair. This meant having a good amount of inventory on hand. I made a variety of items. There were totes, crayon purses, tag blankets, little girl skirts, and little girl dresses just to name some of it. I had grand visions of selling at least half of what I'd made. Okay, so I had grand visions of selling ALL of what I had made.

Just a couple weeks before the Fair, my pastor was preaching about Joseph. He had made a plan, made the preparations, and then executed his plan. Then came God's blessings. It really spoke to me that day. I really felt like God was going to bless my efforts.

I've had to learn a hard lesson. I really didn't sell very much that day. I came away disappointed and wondering where my blessings were. I had made a plan, made the preparations, and then executed my plan. Then BAM! I didn't see the blessings I was looking for. I had forgotten to seek God's plan for this new adventure. I was going it alone.

I've had to step back and wait on God's timing and plan in all this. I've been reminded that I need to seek his guidance, and make sure I'm doing His will and not my own.

So...sales are slowly trickling in. I've been asked to make 20 pillow cases for party favor bags. I even got a call from a woman who purchased something from me asking for another. God is blessing my efforts - just in His perfect timing!

1 comment:

  1. and slow enough so you can keep up with it, without being crazy. :) I have been blessed by our sewing dates!

    It's so funny how I plan for God to bless me in a specific way and he blesses me in completely another .... I'll miss sewing with you this summer! But maybe we can have you for dinner, lol!

    ReplyDelete