Monday, July 5, 2010

And it's finished!


This past weekend one of the teachers from a local school asked me to make her daughter something with zebra print and hot pink tulle. I was so excited about the project that I stayed awake Saturday night brainstorming. I had a couple different ideas about how to add the tulle, but I ended up making the ruffle skirt. I was able to sneak in the tulle between the two ruffles.

I must say that it took way longer to make this skirt because I had to take out lots of thread and redo some of it. I had in my head the way it should go, but we all know sometimes things don't work out as planned. So...while I won't get rich making these outfits for people, I am very happy with what I accomplished today. And the next one will take much less time!

1 comment:

  1. Oh rachel, this is totally cute! I bet she will love it. Isn't the design process marvelous and frustrating all rolled into one? Can't wait to get back to sewing like you.

    ReplyDelete