Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Blanket Stitch


Before Christmas my daughter picked out some really cute soft and cuddly fabric to use as a blanket. I was really busy sewing Christmas presents so I never got around to "preparing" the fabric to be used as her blanket. In all honesty, I didn't know what to do to finish the edges of the fabric. I really did not want to put binding on it.

The simple solution was to hand sew a blanket stitch around the entire blanket. Only problem was I didn't know how to sew a blanket stitch. A few weeks ago a friend demonstrated it for me. She made it look so easy that I decided to sit down one night and finish this blanket so I could give it to "C" for her birthday. By the way, December to May is a long time for a little girl to wait for her special blanket.

It was the perfect birthday present! She loves her new blanket, and never complains about being cold. Now if only she'll let me wash it so it can smell good too...

1 comment: