Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Reusable Sandwich/Snack Bags

So the latest big thing are these reusable sandwich and snack bags. I've looked at a couple of companies that sell them online, but I'm not willing to pay what they are asking. Especially when I sew and should be able to make these at home. The problem is finding fabric that is already lined with food safe plastic.

Since I've spent most of today working out measurements to make skirts (and by the way I'm having trouble with the math), I had not actually sewn anything. After getting everyone settled in bed, I was packing the non-perishables in lunchboxes and decided to just sew up a snack bag using plain old cotton fabric. I figure it can hold chips, cookies or grapes.


It was super easy and fast to sew up. Thank you Rachel for sharing the link to the tutorial! Now to see how it holds up tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment