Thursday, January 20, 2011

January Happenings

It was time to get organized around here. Since getting a new to me embroidery machine, I needed to clean up my work space and organize threads so that I could be more efficient with my time. Spool organizers were on sale this week. I came home with one and quickly discovered I need to head back to get one more. Who knew I had so much thread?

My workspace!



Last week I ordered all the supplies to start using my embroidery machine, but since I had to wait for delivery I decided to work on a crochet project for newborn twin girls. In fact, the night before I was to meet them for the first time I started them. Two hours later they were finished! Turns out they are so tiny the hats will not fit for a little while longer. This was the first time I had put a ribbon through, and I think they are really cute.



When my embroidery supplies finally arrived I couldn't wait to get started. I ordered a 16oz. tumbler and a special embroidery paper to insert because I always see women carrying them around. I have wanted one for a long time. After two hours of fussing with it and re-threading the needle, I finally discovered the bobbin was the problem. The paper was really easy to use, and these tumblers make great gifts. Oh, and I had to order and download a font big enough to use on the tumbler. Hopefully next time it will be a quick 15 minute project. I've got lots to learn...

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I like the thread organization. And N. And C. will love their warm heads, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete