Sunday, January 23, 2011

Little "Blue" Riding Hood Cape

A couple of weeks ago one of my piano students asked if I could make her a cape like some of the girls at church have. Of course I said yes, but quickly became nervous because her mother sews. She just didn't have time to make it, and since I've made a couple of them already she thought it would be much easier for me to take on the project.

It was much easier this time around, but I'm always worried Mrs. W will find the few imperfections that I found.



This is a horrible photo. I kept trying to get one inside, but finally gave up and opted for an outside shot. It wasn't much better. The cape has a hood, and it is fully lined. A.R. didn't want anything fancy, so I didn't have to tackle the difficult hand holes.



I also managed to applique one more shirt this past week. The gal I did it for wanted a hot pink and zebra Valentine shirt with the letter "A" in the center. I'm still working on getting the letters the right size, so this one is a bit too small. It's still cute! And I think I'll purchase another alphabet font with sizes 1, 2, and 3 inch options.


No comments:

Post a Comment